Clucker Collab: Honey Butter Fried Chicken & Wherewithall's sandwich for good
The Wherewithslaw Sammie is here! The culinary child of Honey Butter Fried Chicken and Wherewithall, this limited-time-only sandwich features fried chicken strips, market pimento and aged cheddar aioli, local carrot-radish slaw, and mustard vinaigrette.
The best part (other than that pimento)? $1 from each sandwich sold benefits Green City Market's Edible Education program, where we teach the next generation of eaters where their food comes from and why it matters. Our 535 Edible Ed students work together to prepare wholesome food while learning where local, sustainably-grown food comes from, how to procure and prepare it, and, most importantly, how their choices impact their nourishment and the future of food.
GCM is in the classrooms five days a week, all school year long, at Carl Von Linne Elementary and DePaul College Prep in Avondale. Our Avondale neighbors and frequent market shoppers, Honey Butter and Wherewithall, are chipping in the best way they know how: in sandwich form. And you can help too! By eating sandwiches!
Butter get going — the Wherewithslaw is available at Honey Butter Fried Chicken at 3361 N Elston Ave, now through Sunday, February 23!
Want more community impact and sandwich-themed content delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter for regular updates on Green City Market's farmers markets, events, and programs.
- Fresh bread, grass-fed meat and locally grown produce delivered to your door? It's happening, as farmers markets turn virtual to help growers hurt by coronovirus shutdowns.
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Delivery to your doorstep just got easier: Download Green City Market Delivered, powered by WhatsGood
- Friday, March 27, 2020
- Green City Market Goes Virtual
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Green City Market to Cancel Indoor Market on Saturday, March 14
- Friday, March 13, 2020
- Chef Beverly Kim cooks with GCM Edible Education students
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »