Pan Roasted Trout & Spring Herbs
Pan Roasted Trout + Spring Herbs
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 2 Finn’s Ranch Great Lakes trout fillets
- ¼ all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup white wine or dry cider
- 1 handful fresh herbs like Smit’s parsley, basil and cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a shallow bowl, add the all purpose flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Season the trout with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil until the fat begins to shimmer in the pan.
- Gently add the fish to the pan cook, approximately 5 minutes per side, or until the fish is golden brown.
- Add the wine and reduce, about 2 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan.
- Serve immediately with roughly chopped herbs scattered over the top of the fish.