Shaved Asparagus Salad
Chef Lisa Kalabokis
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems removed
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch herbs, like parsley, cilantro or basil, picked
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly shave the asparagus with a vegetable peeler or on a mandolin so that you yield long ribbons of asparagus.
- Place asparagus, scallion, and herbs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a jar, combine all remaining ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Dress the asparagus salad with as little or as much of the vinaigrette as you like. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 servings.