Find the perfect host gift (or treat yourself) at Green City Market
The host gift. It’s an etiquette conundrum that has plagued generations of guests—how to express the deepest form of gratitude there is: the gift of not having to load and unload your dishwasher four times a day. Whether you’re a guest this holiday season in search of the perfect host gift, on the hunt for seasonal (and delicious) presents for your friends and family, or just want to treat yourself to something nice this time of year, your search is over.
You asked the Green City Market vendors to bring their holiday A-game, and they have brought it. Avoid the Water Tower Place craze and find your gifts right at the Indoor Market on December 14 and 21.
- Maple syrup gift sets from Chicago Maple: Choose from your three favorite maple products, including two varieties of traditional 100% organic maple syrup as well as bourbon barrel-aged, rum barrel-aged, and coffee-infused maple syrup. Available at the Indoor Market or online.
- Preserves, sauces and jams from Bushel & Peck’s: Perfect for appetizers and cheese and charcuterie boards. Complete your holiday brunch with a Bloody Mary gift set, or thank your host with a unique, locally-grown and made jam gift set, featuring flavors like cherry lavender, peach jalapeno, and classic strawberry rhubarb. Available at the Indoor Market or online.
- Cheese and charcuterie: Be the hero of the day and bring in an appetizer spread courtesy of J2K CAPRAIO and Underground Meats. Available at the Indoor Market; Underground Meats available online.
- Heirloom tomato salsas, soup, and broth from Tomato Bliss: Gift boxes are available at the GCM Indoor Market, or create your own host gift with Tomato Bliss’ two-for-one deals and special case pricing on their jars of heirloom oven-roasted tomatoes, heirloom salsa verde, heirloom tomato broth, and heirloom tomato soup. Available at the Indoor Market or online.
- Winter wreaths and arrangements: Bring a stunning, unique, and local (!) arrangement from Jacobson Family Farms, Smits Farms, The Flower Garden, and Petals Farm. Available at the Indoor Market.
- Gayle V’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese to-go bag: Give your host the gift of a simple and *delicious* meal kit for the post-holiday fatigue. Gayle V’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese to-go bag includes a loaf of fresh white sourdough bread, a tub of fresh, local butter, and two blocks of local Butterkäse cheese. Makes enough for the whole fam (9-10 sandwiches). Available at the Indoor Market or online.
- Local honey products: The ultimate farmers market treat: honey stirrers, beeswax soaps and candles, and jars of the good stuff from Chicago Honey Co-Op and HoneyWorks. Available at the Indoor Market or online here and here.
- Green City Market swag: For the GCM superfan in your life. Come visit the info booth for Green City Market gift certificates, cookbooks, long sleeve t-shirts, and totes. Available for purchase at the Indoor Market.
- Forbidden Root merch: Chicago's first botanical brewery, Forbidden Root, is currently donating 100% of the proceeds from their t-shirts, bottle openers, growlers, and all of their (non-consumable) merch to Green City Market so you can support the market and get your wintertime beer fix! We couldn't have dreamed a better gift. Available at their West Town location.
- DIY mushroom growing kit: The gift that keeps on giving (mushrooms) from our friends at River Valley Ranch! Available at the Indoor Market or online.
- Watch: The Kids of Von Linne Make Empanadas!
- Friday, January 17, 2020
- "I don't think most people are aware you can do this": GCM Linking Up for Food Access
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- "Edible Education changed my lifestyle and my values": GCM Educating the Next Generation of Eaters
- Friday, December 13, 2019
- All Hail the Tomato: Tomato Bliss' Path to Market
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Indiana's First Underground Cheese Cave: J2K CAPRAIO & Farming with the Whole Family
- Monday, November 18, 2019
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »