Find the perfect host gift (or treat yourself) at Green City Market
The host gift. It’s an etiquette conundrum that has plagued generations of guests—how to express the deepest form of gratitude there is: the gift of not having to load and unload your dishwasher four times a day. Whether you’re a guest this holiday season in search of the perfect host gift, on the hunt for seasonal (and delicious) presents for your friends and family, or just want to treat yourself to something nice this time of year, your search is over.
You asked the Green City Market vendors to bring their holiday A-game, and they have brought it. Avoid the Water Tower Place craze and find your gifts right at the Indoor Market on November 23 or December 7, 14, and 21.
Bringing a dish to Thanksgiving? You can get your food shopping done right at the market, with all your Thanksgiving needs answered by GCM. Plus, there’s still time to order a locally-raised turkey and pick it up right at the market this Saturday! Butterball be gone!
- Maple syrup gift sets from Chicago Maple: Choose from your three favorite maple products, including two varieties of traditional 100% organic maple syrup as well as bourbon barrel-aged,, rum barrel-aged, and coffee-infused maple syrup.
- Preserves, sauces and jams from Bushel & Peck’s: Perfect for appetizers and cheese and charcuterie boards. Complete your holiday brunch with a Bloody Mary gift set, or thank your host with a unique, locally-grown and made jam gift set, featuring flavors like cherry lavender, peach jalapeno, and classic strawberry rhubarb.
- Cheese and charcuterie: Be the hero of the day and bring in an appetizer spread courtesy of J2K CAPRAIO and Underground Meats.
- Heirloom tomato salsas, soup, and broth from Tomato Bliss: Gift boxes are available at the GCM Indoor Market, or create your own host gift with Tomato Bliss’ two-for-one deals and special case pricing on their jars of heirloom oven-roasted tomatoes, heirloom salsa verde, heirloom tomato broth, and heirloom tomato soup.
- Winter wreaths and arrangements: Bring a stunning, unique, and local (!) arrangement from Jacobson Family Farms, Smits Farms, The Flower Garden, and Petals Farm.
- Gayle V’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese to-go bag: Give your host the gift of a simple and *delicious* meal kit for the post-holiday fatigue. Gayle V’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese to-go bag includes a loaf of fresh white sourdough bread, a tub of fresh, local butter, and two blocks of local Butterkäse cheese. Makes enough for the whole fam (9-10 sandwiches).
- Local honey products: The ultimate farmers market treat: honey stirrers, beeswax soaps and candles, and jars of the good stuff from Chicago Honey Co-Op and HoneyWorks.
- Green City Market swag: For the GCM superfan in your life. Come visit the info booth for Green City Market cookbooks, long sleeve t-shirts, and totes.
- Indiana's First Underground Cheese Cave: J2K CAPRAIO & Farming with the Whole Family
- Monday, November 18, 2019
- Your guide to local Thanksgiving turkey ordering
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- All your Thanksgiving food shopping needs, answered by Green City Market
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Watch: Sneak peek of A (Mostly) Veggie Affair featuring Chef Nariba Shepard on NBC 5
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Win a Year of Free Pie from Bang Bang (and so much more) at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Monday, November 4, 2019
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »