Raspberry Habanero Margarita
We love this seasonal cocktail recipe that GCM follower Shruthi Jasti crafted using ingredients sourced from Green City Market, including jams from our very own Bushel & Peck's!
Learn more about Shruthi — software engineer by day and mixologist by night — and get her recipe below.
"My interest in food and cooking at first came from wanting to know where my food comes from. My interest quickly grew as I got to travel and experience different cuisines and flavor profiles. As time went by, I wanted to be able to pair wine/beer/cocktails to complement the meals I’ve learned to make throughout the years, which is how I got interested in creating craft cocktails.
"As I explored the Chicago bar scene, I got to know that the flavor profile in cocktails can have a lot of depth. I then decided to learn how to make classic cocktails to have a basic understanding of them. Once I had this knowledge, I could get creative and make new recipes with interesting flavor profiles.I also wanted to use fresh, local, quality ingredients in these cocktails in order for them to stand up to the meals I make."
- 1.5 oz reposado tequila
- 0.5 oz orange liqueur (like Cointreau, or Triple Sec)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Bushel & Peck's raspberry habanero jam
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Add all ingredients except for lime wheel into a shaker. Add 4-5 ice cubes
- Shake vigorously
- Using a Hawthorne strainer and a mesh strainer, pour contents into a rocks glass filled with ice
- Garnish with lime wheel
- Replace tequila with mezcal for a smokier profile