Creamy Parsnip Soup
Terence Zubieta, Chef de Cuisine of NoMI Kitchen
Soups & Sides
- 2.2lbs parsnip, chopped
- 1 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- Whole black pepper (sachet)
- 2 each bay leaf (sachet)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (sachet)
- 2qt vegetable stock
- 1qt heavy cream
- 1tsp ginger powder
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
For garnish: 1 large carrot, peeled and then shaved Chives, chopped
- Fry carrot threads at 300 degrees and set aside
- Sweat onion, celery, and garlic in a pot until soft and translucent with no color. Add parsnip, vegetable stock and herb sachet with a pinch of salt. Bring to a low simmer. Let simmer until parsnip is very soft. Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer again. Turn off heat.
- Blend soup mixture in a blender until very smooth, adjust seasoning with salt and lemon juice.
- Ladle into a bowl and garnish with crispy carrots and chive.