Summer Beet Salad
John Bubala - Timo
- Sundried cherries
- Olive oil
- sherry vinegar
- herbs of oregano, thyme or rosemary
- Beets (red)
- Mozzarella cheese cubes (soft and moist)
- Cube beets and bake in a 250 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Pan roast walnuts on low heat with butter, sugar, cayenne and thyme added. Until golden brown.
- Reconstitute dried cherries briefly in hot water, then chop and set aside
- Make vinaigrette using olive oil; sherry vinegar, the sundried cherries; onion with herbs of oregano, thyme or rosemary.
- Combine all ingredients except dressing and arugula. This part of the salad can be made ahead. When ready to serve, add arugula and dress with the vinaigrette. Lightly add salt/pepper to taste.