Pickled Red Onions
Soups & Sides
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, honey, and salt. Heat just until the honey and salt have dissolved completely.
- Place onions in a half pint Mason jar and add thyme, if using. Pour the vinegar mixture over the onions. Cover jar with a non-metal lid and shake jar to combine.
- Place onions in your refrigerator and let pickle for at least 4 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Serve cold.