Tartine with Poached Egg
- 1-inch slice of artisan bread (ciabatta, sourdough, baguette, etc.)
- Underground Meats Nduja Spreadable Salami
- Small handful of your favorite microgreens
- 1 egg, poached
- Drizzle of honey
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar for poaching
For the tartine:
- Spread Nduja onto a 1-inch piece of ciabatta. Top with a small handful of microgreens.
- Gently place a poached egg on top of the microgreens and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
To Poach an Egg:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Turn down the heat so that the water is slightly simmering and so that there are not large bubbles breaking the surface.
- Crack an egg into a ramekin.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of vinegar into the water. Continue to stir quickly in a circular motion to create a vortex.
- Add the egg to the middle of the vortex and cook the egg for 3 minutes.
- Carefully, remove the egg with a slotted spoon and dab it on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Handle gently and serve immediately.