Peak Season Panzanella Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, preferably a mix of different varieties/colors, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mixed tender herbs (e.g. lemon balm, tarragon, basil, chives, parsley – a mix of a few or just one)
- 2 large slices sourdough or ciabatta bread
- 2 ears corn, husked
- ½ large cucumber, chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine halved tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and herbs. Let the mixture hang out while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Drizzle one side of each slice of bread with olive oil and place face down on grill along with corn. Grill bread until browned and crispy on one side, remove from grill and sprinkle with salt. Rotate corn on grill until corn is bright yellow with some charred kernels.
- Add cucumber to tomato mixture and slice kernels off the cob directly into bowl.
- Mix together, taste, and add more salt and/or olive oil if needed.
- Chop or tear grilled bread into bite size pieces and add to salad just before serving to prevent bread from getting soggy.