Sweet Potato Gnocchi with a Rustic Pistou Sauce
Courtney Treutelaar - Common Threads
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small sweet potatoes, roasted
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 1/2- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 bunch basil
- 4 oz pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesano reggianno
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Flake cooked sweet potato into a bowl with a fork.
- Add ricotta and flour slowly, only until it is at the right, soft-doughy consistency. Do not add too much, it will become tough.
- Roll out the dough with your hands into a rope and cut with a knife into small dumplings.
- In a saute pan on medium high heat, add olive oil. When hot, add the gnocchi and pan sear until golden brown. Put to the side.
- Add in the garlic and sweat, about 1 minute.
- Break the spinach and the basil right into the pan, and cook until they release a little bit of their moisture.
- Add in the pine nuts, cheese and lemon juice. Toss in the gnocchi to combine. Serve!