Ramp and Green Garlic Pesto
Soups & Sides
- 1/4 lb ramps, leaves and bulbs separated
- 1/4 lb green garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil in a blender.
- Turn on blender and slowly drizzle in oil until pesto has reached desired consistency.
- To preserve, add a healthy layer of oil on top of the finished pesto and refrigerate immediately. Pesto will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Yield: 2 cups.