Market Mentors Award
The Farm Forward Fund | Market Mentors Award is available for Green City Market farmers in their first year of participation at Green City Market. Eligible vendors will be invited to apply.
The award will support beginning Green City Market farmers, helping them market their businesses, leverage their third-party certifications, and more effectively tap into consumer demand for local, organic, and/or sustainably-produced food at farmers’ markets.
This business investment stipend is meant to cover expenses like tents, tables, tablecloths, tech, branding, graphic design, photography, and other supplies, equipment, and tools to improve vendors’ displays, workflows, and customer experience.
Funding is finite, and Green City Market cannot guarantee all requests will be granted. The Farm Forward Fund | Market Mentors Award is made possible through charitable gifts made by folks like you. If you are inspired to support local, sustainable growers please make a tax-deductible gift to Green City Market here.
To be eligible for to receive funding, vendors must:
- Be a current, first-year farmer vendor during the season you are applying for this fund;
- Complete a brief application
Types of Expenses Considered
- Market supplies such as tents, tables, tablecloths
- Tech such as POS terminals, iPads, card readers
- Branding, graphic design, photography
- Other supplies, equipment, and tools to improve vendors’ displays, workflows, and customer experience
Expenses Generally Not Covered
Emergency funding is not intended to provide financial assistance for recurring expenses.
- Vendor fees
- Credit card expenses
- Parking tickets and other fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, and non-emergency travel
- Medical expenses