Crisis Response Award
The Farm Forward Fund | Crisis Response Award is available for Green City Market vendors experiencing extraordinary financial constraints due to a crisis. The award provides temporary, short-term financial assistance to current vendors who are unable to meet essential expenses due to a temporary or unexpected hardship. This emergency funding program is designed to offer financial assistance in the form of one-time awards (typically not exceeding $5,000).
Funding is finite and Green City Market cannot guarantee all requests will be granted. The Farm Forward Fund | Crisis Response Award is made possible through charitable gifts made by folks like you. If you are inspired to support local, sustainable growers, especially in times of crisis, please make a tax-deductible gift to Green City Market here.
To be eligible for to receive funding, vendors must:
- Be experiencing a financial hardship resulting from an emergency or unforeseen event;
- Be current vendors during the year you are applying for this fund;
- Complete a brief application;
- Must not have received a Farm Forward Fund | Crisis Response Award within the previous calendar year
Types of Expenses Considered
- Mortgage or utilities
- Lost income due to inability to participate in markets caused by a fire or natural disaster
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
Expenses Generally Not Covered
Emergency funding is not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses.
- Vendor fees
- Credit card expenses
- Parking tickets and other fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, and non-emergency travel
- Medical expenses
- Other non-essential expenses (i.e. cable bill, cell phone bill, parking fees)
To apply, please visit the online application.
Decisions regarding disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis by the Executive Director in consultation with the Green City Market Board of Directors Executive Committee.