Chefs + CPS: The Chicago Chef Council is here and ready to make an impact
This February, the Chicago Chef Council officially joined the food activism scene — with a keen eye on school nutrition. The council is a coalition of twelve local chefs who will help develop wholesome, kid-friendly recipes for Chicago Public Schools' Nutrition Support Services, which provides free, nutritious meals to CPS students, including daily breakfast, lunch, and an after-school snack as well as a summer food service program.
The Chicago Chef Council will also promote CPS' Farm-to-School program and provide demos, recipes, and samples to students.
Green City Market's very own Chef Educator Lisa Kalabokis and Beverly Kim, 2019 James Beard Award winner and co-owner of Avondale's Parachute, are currently serving on the panel.
- Home for the Holidays Gift Boxes
- Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Shopper spotlight: Advocating for food access
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- Sustainable farms devastated by coronavirus: The GCM community responds to protect the future of food
- Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Your guide to a local Thanksgiving
- Thursday, November 5, 2020
- Link matching now available through GCM's curbside pick-up
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »