Chefs + CPS: The Chicago Chef Council is here and ready to make an impact
This February, the Chicago Chef Council officially joined the food activism scene — with a keen eye on school nutrition. The council is a coalition of twelve local chefs who will help develop wholesome, kid-friendly recipes for Chicago Public Schools' Nutrition Support Services, which provides free, nutritious meals to CPS students, including daily breakfast, lunch, and an after-school snack as well as a summer food service program.
The Chicago Chef Council will also promote CPS' Farm-to-School program and provide demos, recipes, and samples to students.
Green City Market's very own Chef Educator Lisa Kalabokis and Beverly Kim, 2019 James Beard Award winner and co-owner of Avondale's Parachute, are currently serving on the panel.
- Chicago Parent: 12 Chicagoland Farmers Markets for Families
- Monday, May 17, 2021
- Eater: Farmers Markets Are Back in Chicago After Record Sales in 2020
- Friday, May 14, 2021
- Your new favorite Saturday brunch stop: Paper Tiger Eats
- Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Chicago Star Media: Let's go back to the farmers' markets!
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- NBC: Guide to Chicago Farmers Markets This Spring, Summer
- Monday, May 10, 2021
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »