Chefs + CPS: The Chicago Chef Council is here and ready to make an impact
This February, the Chicago Chef Council officially joined the food activism scene — with a keen eye on school nutrition. The council is a coalition of twelve local chefs who will help develop wholesome, kid-friendly recipes for Chicago Public Schools' Nutrition Support Services, which provides free, nutritious meals to CPS students, including daily breakfast, lunch, and an after-school snack as well as a summer food service program.
The Chicago Chef Council will also promote CPS' Farm-to-School program and provide demos, recipes, and samples to students.
Green City Market's very own Chef Educator Lisa Kalabokis and Beverly Kim, 2019 James Beard Award winner and co-owner of Avondale's Parachute, are currently serving on the panel.
- Clucker Collab: Honey Butter Fried Chicken & Wherewithall's sandwich for good
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Shopper spotlight: Ben Kobold
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Watch: The Kids of Von Linne Make Empanadas!
- Friday, January 17, 2020
- "I don't think most people are aware you can do this": GCM Linking Up for Food Access
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- "Edible Education changed my lifestyle and my values": GCM Educating the Next Generation of Eaters
- Friday, December 13, 2019
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »