Chefs + CPS: The Chicago Chef Council is here and ready to make an impact
This February, the Chicago Chef Council officially joined the food activism scene — with a keen eye on school nutrition. The council is a coalition of twelve local chefs who will help develop wholesome, kid-friendly recipes for Chicago Public Schools' Nutrition Support Services, which provides free, nutritious meals to CPS students, including daily breakfast, lunch, and an after-school snack as well as a summer food service program.
The Chicago Chef Council will also promote CPS' Farm-to-School program and provide demos, recipes, and samples to students.
Green City Market's very own Chef Educator Lisa Kalabokis and Beverly Kim, 2019 James Beard Award winner and co-owner of Avondale's Parachute, are currently serving on the panel.
- Vin Chicago and Green City Market: A natural pairing
- Thursday, July 23, 2020
- New vendor alert: Kikwetu Kenya Coffee Company
- Monday, July 20, 2020
- FOX32: Green City Market Chef BBQ at Home
- Thursday, July 16, 2020
- ABC: Green City Market Chef BBQ event goes virtual, emphasizing buying locally raised foods
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020
- WGN Lunchbreak: Details On Bringing The Popular Green City Market Chef BBQ To You At Home
- Friday, July 10, 2020
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »