Posted May 16, 2022
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for dinner? Or want to jazz up your tomato soup? Tomato Bliss shared their recipe for Tomato and White Bean Soup with us. Read on to learn how to make the easy recipe featuring roasted heirloom tomato soup.
A jar of Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup plus a tin of white beans makes for a nearly instant bowl of nutritious, delicious comfort. This nourishing soup is perfect for meatless Mondays. Play with herbs by substituting the garlic for 1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, rosemary, or basil or try adding a dollop of greek yogurt instead of cheese.
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 14 oz. cans white beans, including liquid
- 1 24 oz. jar Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Grated parmesan for serving
- Briefly microwave garlic bulb to make it easier to peel. Smash with the bottom of a heavy skillet, remove peel and smash cloves again.
- In a medium saucepan, poach garlic in a 1/4 cup of water over low heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown and beginning to stick to the bottom of the pan, 3-5 minutes.
- Add white beans and their liquid, tomato soup and additional cup of water. Bring to a boil, partially cover and simmer until warm.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
GCM SHopping List
Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup:
You can grab the Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup and garlic at GCM Lincoln Park this Saturday and be sure to tag @greencitymarket and @tomatobliss if you try out this recipe.
Thanks for sharing, Tomato Bliss!