Posted May 23, 2009
By Stephanie Izard
We love this rhubarb ice cream guest recipe from Chef Stephanie Izard of Girl & the Goat.
- 4 stalks rhubarb, sliced
- ¾ cup plus ½ cup sugar
- 2 cup half and half
- ½ cup egg yolks
- Place rhubarb and ½ cup sugar in sauce pot and cover with water.
- Cook over low heat until most of the liquid is dissolved.
- Bring half and half to a boil.
- Combine ¾ cup sugar and yolks in a bowl.
- Temper in a small amount of cream.
- Return to heat and stir until mixture begins to thicken slightly and coats the back of the spoon.
- Combine rhubarb and ice cream base.
- Finish in ice cream maker according to instructions.