Posted Aug 25, 2022
Yield: 4 servings as an appetizer
Active time: 35 minutes
Start to finish: 35 minutes
1-2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices on the bias
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
For the topping:
2 Roma tomatoes, cut into brunoise
1/2 head fennel, cut into brunoise
2 shallots, cut into brunoise
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
1/4 cup arugula, chiffonade
Lemon juice, to taste
Olive oil to coat
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250° and heat a sauté pan with the grapeseed oil.
- Slice the zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, measure out the flour.
- In a separate shallow dish, beat the eggs until well blended.
- In a third shallow dish, mix the Panko, Parmesan and oregano.
- Working in batches, dip the zucchini into the flour, then the eggs, and then right into the panko mixture, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Fry zucchini “chips” in batches until they are golden brown and crisp. Avoid overcrowding the pan. Transfer to a rack set over a sheet tray, and sprinkle with a touch of salt.
- Keep warm in the oven while frying the remaining zucchini.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Top each of the fried zucchini chips with the bruschetta topping and serve.
Interested in giving this recipe a go? Stop by GCM to pick up all the ingredients! We'll see you soon.