Posted Oct 20, 2022
Last week, Chef Sebastian White, founder of The Evolved Network NFP, joined us at GCM Lincoln Park for a culinary demo. Chef Sebastian demoed a recipe for Duck Fat Radishes and Potatoes with Green Chile Gremolata. Find the full recipe below.
- baby potatoes
- thyme garlic
- green onion
- olive oil
- duck fat
- Wash potatoes under cold water and add to a large pot. Fill pot with water add salt and bring to a boil.
- While potatoes are boiling, remove leaves from 10-15 sprigs of thyme and 8-10 sprigs of oregano. Mince leaves of oregano and 3-4 cloves of garlic. Add herbs (thyme and oregano) and garlic to a bowl.
- After 12 minutes strain potatoes and let cool. When potatoes have cooled cut them in half or into fourths and add to a large bowl. When potatoes are in bowl drizzle ¼ cup of melted duck fat over potatoes and add ½ of your herb and garlic mixture, cumin, and Morita chile powder (optional). Carefully mix to incorporate herbs and duck fat into potatoes.
- After radishes have been frying for 5-7 minutes add potatoes to pan with radishes.
- Fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Wash radishes thoroughly under cold water. Remove all dirt and stems.
- Cut radishes in half and add to bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add half of herb/garlic mixture, cumin, and incorporate (mix with hands).
- Preheat your frying pan and add 1-2 tbs of olive oil, depending on the amount of radishes you have.
- Place radishes white side down into frying pan and sear for 5-7 minutes. While searing season your radishes with salt and add 1 tbs of duck fat.
Green Chile Gremolata:
- Slice jalapeno in half length wise. Remove ribs and seeds from one of the halves or both depending on your level of spice tolerance. Repeat this process with a serrano chile. Remember serranos are spicier than jalapenos.
- Dice jalapenos and serranos into thin halfmoons and add to a bowl or container.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and dice 1 cup of parsley and 2 sprigs of green onions. Add to the bowl or container with chiles.
- Add zest of half of lemon, and juice of the full lemon to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add double the amount of olive oil to the amount of lemon juice in bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Drizzle gremolata over potatoes and radishes.