Ways To Give
There are several creative ways to nourish Chicagoans for a lifetime through gifts of stocks and securities, corporate matching gifts, donor advised funds, and more.
For any questions related to making charitable contributions to Green City Market, please email email@example.com.
Give Online or By Mail
Donors can choose to make one-time or monthly gifts online, here.
Donors may also contribute by mail.
Please make checks payable to Green City Market and mail to:
Green City Market
2613 W Lawrence Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a simple way to manage your charitable giving and nourish Chicagoans by recommending gifts to Green City Market's nonprofit programs.
To make a gift through a DAF, please contact your advisor for instructions and be sure to notify Green City Market so that we can thank you for your committment to the work you make possible.
Below, we've listed three of the most popular donor advised fund managers.
Stocks and Securities
Donating appreciated securities such as stock, bonds, or mutual funds can be a very tax-efficient way to give. Generally speaking, if you donate stock (or other security) in which you have a long-term gain you can achieve the following benefits and tax advantages:
- An itemized tax deduction equal to the full market value of the appreciated stock
- No capital gains tax on the stock’s appreciation
- Your out-of-pocket cost is your cost basis in the stock only while Green City Market receives the full market value of the appreciated stock
Everyone’s tax situation is different, so please speak to your tax professional to confirm before making a donation of stock or other security.
How to Donate Stock
1) Notify your broker that you would like to donate shares to Green City Market using this form.
2) Contact Mandy Moody, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 828-5246 to provide information about your gift.
When your stock is transferred to our account we do not receive any information that identifies you as the donor.
So please provide us your name, mailing address, phone, email, stock name, number of shares, intended gift amount, and expected date so we can thank you for your gift and provide you a confirmation letter for tax purposes.
Corporate Matching Gifts
After you make a contribution to Green City Market, check with your employer to see if you are eligible for a corporate matching gift to double, or even triple, your impact! Some employers also match volunteer hours served with a financial contribution.