Green City Market to Open at the Park at Wrigley
Green City Market is excited to partner with the Park at Wrigley to bring the first farmers market to Wrigleyville starting June 15, 2017.
Green City Market will open its fourth farmers market, at the Park at Wrigley, at 3637 N. Clark Street on Thursday, June 15, 2017. Green City Market at the Park will be open from 4-8 p.m. on the following Thursday evenings:
- June 15, 22 & 29
- July 6, 13, 20 & 27
- August 10 & 24
- September 7, 21 & 28
- October 5, 12, 19 & 26 (pending MLB post season)
Green City Market will bring locally-sourced, farmer-driven goods, including seasonal fruits, veggies, prepared food and more, to Wrigleyville residents. Every week, Green City Market at the Park will include:
- Chef Demo Program at 6:30 p.m. that will highlight preparing fresh, seasonal ingredients from the market.
- Club Sprouts Program offering activities for kids to taste farm fresh food and learn in a hands-on way where food comes from and how it gets to their table.
- Compost Program Composting is an important part of making sure Green City Market is sustainable. Home compost drop off services will also be available.
- Link Matching Program - Link, formerly food stamps, is accepted at all Green City Market locations and is matched dollar for dollar up to $15 per market day.
Read about the Park at Wrigley's opening in the news:
- Chicago Tribune: "Wrigley Field plaza will feature Cubs store, tavern-style restaurant"
- Crain's: Wine tasting, movie nights, farmers markets: Here's the schedule for Wrigley plaza
- NBC Chicago: "Chicago Cubs Announce Park at Wrigley Summer Events"
- Chicago Parent: ‘Park at Wrigley’ just made your summer bucket list'
- DNA Info: "Cubs Unveil Park At Wrigley Ahead Of Home Opener"
- Curbed: "New Wrigley Field plaza makes debut ahead of Chicago Cubs home opener"
- GCM Delivered + Pick Up postponed until Saturday, June 6
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020
- A message of solidarity
- Monday, June 1, 2020
- WGN Lunchbreak: Spicy Tomato Soup
- Friday, May 22, 2020
- Outdoor market update
- Friday, May 22, 2020
- Tomatoes in May: Iron Creek Farm bringing peak season faves early
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »