Illinois Link Card and SNAP Benefits Program
Shop Local Fresh Foods using Illinois Link or SNAP Benefits
All Green City Market locations accept Link Card and SNAP Benefits.
Use your Link card at Green City Market and receive extra money to spend with our local farmers! Green City strives to enhance access to fresh, healthy, locally grown food to all members of our community by matching the value of Link benefits dollar-for-dollar (up to $15 per card, per market day) to spend at the market. By making benefit dollars go farther, Green City Market's double value program encourages Link beneficiaries to frequent the market and support a local food system.
HOW DO I USE MY LINK CARD AT GREEN CITY MARKET?
Come to the Green City Market Info Booth.
Let us know that you would like to use your Link card and how much you would like to charge.
After running your card, we will give you Green City Link Tokens equal to the amount requested, plus up to $15 in additional tokens to spend at the market.
Spend tokens at the market like cash! However, change cannot be given for tokens. If you need smaller denominations of tokens, return to the GCM Info Booth.
- Tokens do not expire and are valid at any Green City Market location during market hours.
WHAT CAN I BUY AT GREEN CITY MARKET WITH MY LINK CARD?
- VEGETABLES such as tomatoes, peppers, carrots, lettuce, collards, kale, onions, garlic, turnips, potatoes, mushrooms, eggplant and green beans
- FRUIT such as strawberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, cherries, blueberries and pears
- DAIRY PRODUCTS such as milk, cream, goat cheese, cow cheese and butter
- EGGS from chickens, ducks and geese
- MEAT such as beef, chicken, pork and elk
- BREAD in loaves, rolls, boules and scones
- SAUCES such as pasta sauce, salsa, dips, fruit jams and spreads
Questions? Call us at 773.880.1266 or speak with us at the market Info Booth.