Illinois Link Card and SNAP Benefits Program
Shop local fresh foods using Illinois Link/SNAP benefits
Increasing access to local, sustainably-grown food is one of the pillars of Green City Market's nonprofit mission; that's why we welcome and match Link (also known as SNAP or EBT) dollar-for-dollar up to $15 per market or pick-up day.
Learn more about how to pay with Link and participate in GCM's Link double value program, available both at our farmers markets and through our curbside pick-up program.
HOW DO I USE MY LINK CARD AT GREEN CITY MARKET?
Let us know that you would like to use your Link card and how much you would like to charge.
After running your card, we will give you Green City Market Link tokens equal to the amount requested, plus up to $15 in additional tokens to spend at the market.
Spend tokens at the market like cash! Please note, change cannot be given for tokens. If you need smaller denominations of tokens, return to the GCM Info Booth.
- Tokens do not expire and are valid at any Green City Market location during market hours.
HOW DO I PRE-ORDER FOR CURBSIDE PICK-UP WITH LINK?
- Whether you're paying with Link or with a credit card, the instructions on how to pre-order for curbside pick-up with GCM apply. Learn more about GCM's curbside pick-up locations, hours, order windows, and more.
- When it's time to order, select your desired Green City Market pick-up location in WhatsGood and pick out your grocery items. Be sure to only select Link-eligible items. See below for a guide on what GCM products are eligible with Link or check out the USDA's official guidelines on what you can buy with SNAP.
- Head to the checkout page and select "pay with SNAP." Your payment will be processed in person on the day of pick-up, so be sure to bring your Link card. All curbside pick-up orders paid for with Link are eligible for GCM's $15 match! When you pick-up your order and swipe your Link card, you will receive 50% off your entire order up to $15.*
- *If your order is less than $30, you will receive 50% off your order. If your order is more than $30, you will receive $15 off your order.
- Please note, your receipt from WhatsGood immediately after placing your order will not reflect your final amount owed via EBT. Your amount due via EBT will be sent to you in an email the day before your scheduled pickup.
WHAT CAN I BUY AT GREEN CITY MARKET WITH MY LINK CARD?
- VEGETABLES such as tomatoes, peppers, carrots, lettuce, collards, kale, onions, garlic, turnips, potatoes, mushrooms, eggplant and green beans
- FRUIT such as strawberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, cherries, blueberries and pears
- DAIRY PRODUCTS such as milk, cream, goat cheese, cow cheese and butter
- EGGS from chickens, ducks and geese
- MEAT such as beef, chicken, pork and elk
- BREAD in loaves, rolls, boules and scones
- SAUCES such as pasta sauce, salsa, dips, fruit jams and spreads
Questions? Call us at 773.880.1266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.