Creamy asparagus soup with Spring garlic, spinach, and crescenza cheese
Soups & Sides
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds green or purple asparagus, sliced thin
1 bunch Spring onions, sliced thin
1 bulb Spring garlic, sliced thin
1 lemon, zested
1 pinch red chili flakes
1 cup packed adult spinach
1 qt vegetable stock
1 cup half and half
4 oz crescenza or goat cheese
Kosher Salt, to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, spring onions, lemon zest, chili flakes and garlic; season with kosher salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add vegetable stock and cook for 5 more minutes
- Then add the half and half and cheese, remove from heat. Stir continuously.
- Blend the soup in a blender on high, adding handfuls of spinach to keep the green color.
- Chill directly on ice to hold or enjoy immediately.
- Serve with asparagus pieces, toasted pecans, and dried apricots