Creamy asparagus soup with spring garlic, spinach, and crescenza cheese
Soups & Sides
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green or purple asparagus, sliced thin
- 1 bunch Spring onions, sliced thin
- 1 bulb Spring garlic, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1 cup packed adult spinach
- 1 qt vegetable stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 oz crescenza or goat cheese
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, spring onions, lemon zest, chili flakes and garlic; season with kosher salt. Cook for 10 minutes, then add vegetable stock and cook for 5 more minutes
- Add the half and half and cheese, remove from heat. Stir continuously.
- Blend the soup in a blender on high, adding handfuls of spinach to keep the green color.
- Chill directly on ice to hold or enjoy immediately.
- Serve with asparagus pieces, toasted pecans, and dried apricots