Chatting with the Chef: Josh Jones
Currently, Chef Josh Jones resides in Logan Square and is co-founder of a Chicago’s premier meal kit delivery service, Madison & Rayne. They deliver cut, washed and ready to cook ingredients to directly to your doorsteps. With Madison & Rayne Chef Josh strives to help people rediscover (or discover for the first time) how fun and rewarding it can be to cook a really great meal. Disover an example of one of those really great meals at Chef Josh's cooking demonstration at Green City Market Lincoln Park on Saturday, August 13 at 10:30am
What is your favorite Green City Market product?
I love Nichols Farm. They always have amazing produce for me. This past week I sourced blueberries from them for the blueberry sauce in my pork bo ssam dish, and it was a hit!
What is your favorite thing to do in Chicago (other than shop at Green City Market, of course)?
Spending time with my family. We like to spend time at the park on Palmer Square, and love dining at all the new spots opening in the area.
What is in your fridge right now?
Nichols Farm melons, cherry tomatoes, left overs from the new restaurant Giant, and a lot of Half Acre beer.
What is one tip you have for home cooks shopping at Green City Market?
Don’t make a list! Discover new ingredients, play around, and create meals around what you find.
What is the one food you couldn't live without?
Thin crust pepperoni pizza with banana peppers
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »