Chatting with the Chefs: Thomas Lents + Chris Tong
in the United States for more than 25 years. After he was recruited to join the culinary staff of Ciel Blue, a famous
award-winning restaurant in Chicago, he continued his career at prestigious establishments around the country. Ten years ago, he launched My Private Chef, taking that same exquisite cuisine into the world of private dining.Christopher was named one of the top 100 Chefs in Chicago and received the 2000 Gold Medal Award by the American Tasting Institute. He teaches his skills to students at the Culinary Internship Program at St. Augustine College. Come meet Chef Christopher at his cooking demonstration Saturday, August 6 at 10:30am at Green City Market Lincoln Park
I love all the vendors, and they have such a great variety of fresh produce, it’s impossible to pick just one. People love the market because they can discover products as they purchase what they need.
What is your favorite thing to do in Chicago (other than shop at Green City Market, of course)?
I like to participate in outdoor activities, riding my bike on the lakefront and visiting the neighborhood festivals.
What is in your fridge right now?
Fresh fruit such as blueberries, vegetables, black truffles, Irish butter, Coffee from Costa Rica, Venison, Yogurt.
What is one tip you have for home cooks shopping at Green City Market?
Talk to the Farmers and ask them about their products. Try some new items at the market.
What is the one food you couldn't live without?
Butter and freshly baked Breads.
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »