Chatting with the Chef: Lorraine Orbon
At Green City Market, Tuscan Hen Foods offers artisan pasta, sauces and prepared noodle bowls and mac & cheese made using the tradition of Italian cuisine; simple preparation with fresh, quality ingredients. Chef Lorraine Orbon cranked her first sheet of fresh pasta at the side of her Italian grandmothers at age six and hasn't stopped making pasta since. After receiving her MBA from Loyola University in Chicago and working as an accountant Lorraine decided to switch gears and to turn her passion for cooking into a reality by earning an Associate Degree in Culinary and Hospitality Management in 2013 from the College of Lake County. See her chef demonstration June 18 at 10:30am then go grab lunch at her tent on the North end of the market!
Hard to nail done just one favorite product. Top products are Heartland's Beef boneless short ribs,
My favorite thing to do in Chicago, other than go to the market is walking through the Chicago Botanic Garden.
In my fridge right now is lots greens and salad fixings, yogurt and berries.
One tip for home cooks shopping at the markets is not to be shy to ask the farmers and vendors about how to use their products. Everyone is so knowledgeable about their products and how best to prepare them.
One food I could not live withour is pasta of course!
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »