Chatting with the Chef: Johnny Anderes
Chef Johnny Anderes made a name for himself durring his seven years at Avec. Moving on to Telegraph & Reno, which he started with two partners in 2010, Chef Anderes helped lead the restaurant to various culinary awards including his own as a finalist for Food & Wine Magazine’s Best New Chef in the Great Lakes Region this year and Food & Wine’s People’s Choice winner in 2012. Chef Anderes is now head chef of The Kitchen Chicago. Join him for a chef demonstration on Wednesday, June 15 at 10:30am.
What is your favorite Green City Market product?
Apple Syrup from Seedling Farms.
What is your favorite thing to do in Chicago (other than shop at Green City Market, of course)?
I always enjoy going to the beach or sailing with my daughter and fiancé. We also get over to Devon Avenue pretty often to eat Indian food. Hema's Kitchen and Uru Swati are great.
What is in your fridge right now?
Indian food leftovers, rolling rock tallboys, champagne, kale, pesto and blueberry kefir.
What is one tip you have for home cooks shopping at Green City Market?
Bring a tote bag and go on Wednesday!!
What is the one food your couldn't live without?
All types of onions and mustard!
- 2018 Holiday Entertaining Guide
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- 2018 Holiday Gift Guide
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »