Chatting with the Chef: Paul Virant
Paul Virant is the chef and owner of Vie in Western Springs, Ill. and Perennial Virant in Chicago. Paul spent many days on his family farm in Missouri which helped to shape his passion of local, seasonal food. Specifically, his grandmothers can be credited for his dedication to sourcing ingredients locally and creating an experience for each of his guests that reminds them of the warmth of their home. Need proof of Paul's kitchen genius? Come to his chef demo on Opening Day, May 7th, 10:30am and follow him on twitter
What is your favorite Green City Market product?
Couldn't pick one, too much awesomeness!
What is your favorite thing to do in Chicago (other than shop at Green City Market, of course)?
Take the metra with my family into the city, take the water taxi, explore, eat, stroll!
What is in your fridge right now?
Nothing, because we are renovating our kitchen - but then, s***'s goin' to get real at casa Virant!
What is one tip you have for home cooks shopping at Green City Market?
Engage with the farmers/producer because they know a lot about what they are selling. You can learn something. Try something new each week.
What is the one food your couldn't live without?
Return to blog »
- 2018 Holiday Entertaining Guide
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- 2018 Holiday Gift Guide
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- True or False: Farmers relax all winter
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Blue Corn Enchiladas, Smoked Potato Gnocchi and 20+ fall-inspired dishes at A (Mostly) Veggie Affair
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Watch #GCMVeggieAffair Chefs live on WGN-TV & NBC 5 this week!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Subscribe to blog
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »