Junior Board Mission
The Green City Market Junior Board's mission is to foster the Green City Market mission by engaging young professionals in programs and activities within the Green City Market community, and assist with fundraising efforts for Green City Market's programming.
Activities include community building and fundraising events such as:
- Our annual fall celebration “A (Mostly) Veggie Affair”
- Meet the Market, pairing Market vendors with local restaurants and bars to create a series of cocktail hour events throughout the year
- Movie nights, where we partner to present a documentary centered around food and agricultural hot topics
- Big Table Dinners – through a partnership with the Chicago Park District, we host dinners inviting community members to break bread with one another.
The Green City Market Junior Board includes four major committees:
- Events – plans and executes our fundraising events
- Education & Outreach – educates the community about sustainability and supporting local farmers and producers in conjunction with other Chicago organizations
- Finance – provides financial oversight and plans for reaching fundraising goals
- Communications – promotes the Green City Market message and events through traditional and non-traditional media placements and outreach
Want to be more involved with Green City Market? Apply to join our Junior Board!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, with consideration given to individuals that fill the needs of the Board.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the Green City Market Junior Board application here.
- Send your Application and Resume to email@example.com
In addition, Green City Market welcomes all interested in joining our community to volunteer at the market - click here for more information.
For More Information
For questions regarding the Green City Market Junior Board please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Board members
Chef and Owner, Nomad Food Company LLC
Banking & Finance Practice, Baker & McKenzie, LLP
Customer Success Manager, Salesforce
Senior Associate, Mindshare
External Affairs, The Barack Obama Foundation
Curriculum and Quality Assurance Manager, Common Threads
Marketing Manager, Frontera Ventures
Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer, Loyola University Chicago
Healthy Education Coordinator, University of Illinois at Chicago
Champagne Specialist, Moët Hennessy
Account Director, Highwire PR
Vice President, Wagstaff Worldwide
Director of Communications, Chicago Department of Family and Support Services
Mia Sani Duchnowski
Co-founder, CEO, Oars + Alps
Account Manager, agencyEA
Business Development & Relationship Manager, Owen + Alchemy