Crepes with Pan Seared Berries, Ricotta and Maple
Gale Gand - Tru
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and milk.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and let stand for at least 30 minutes. You may leave it in the refridgerator overnight.
- In a nonstick 8-10" pan, melt about ½ tsp of butter over medium heat. When it foams, pour or ladle in about 1/8cup (2 tbsp.) crepe batter. Lift & swirl the pan so the batter coats the bottom. Replace the pan on the burner and cook just until set and the underside is lightly browned. Using a spatula or your fingers, flip and cook until the other side is lightly browned. Transfer to a platter. Repeat until the batter is used up.
Pan seared fruit
- 1 cup small strawberries, hulled*
- 1/2 cup bluberries*
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1cup ricotta cheese
- unsalted butter for sauteing
- In a 12" sauté pan, bring to a boil the maple syrup and vanilla bean. Add the lemon juice and swirl in. Then add the fruit and toss in the pan until coated and wilted a bit
- One by one, spread each crepe with a thin layer of ricotta. Roll them up like a cigar and place on a plate. Spoon the cooked berries over the crepes.