The Ultimate Mushroom Burger
Yield: 1 burger
For the burger:
- 1 brioche hamburger bun
- 1 River Valley Ranch Mushroom Medley Veggie Patty
- 1 egg, fried
- Small handful of microgreens
- Beet ketchup
For the aioli:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup light olive oil or other neutral tasting oil
Additional condiment suggestions:
- Bushel & Peck's cherry bomb hot sauce
- Fermented dill pickles
- Pickled mushrooms
- Sungold jam
- Tomato jam
For the mushroom patty:
- Preheat oven to 400. Place the mushroom patty on baking sheet that is lightly oiled to prevent sticking. Bake patty for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- While mushroom patty is baking, prepare the aioli and fried egg.
For the aioli:
- Place the egg yolk, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Turn the food processor on and while it is whirring, slowly drizzle oil through the top until an emulsion forms.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For the fried egg:
- In a nonstick skillet, 1-2 tablespoons of neutral oil to the bottom of the pan over medium heat. Crack an egg into a ramekin. Once the oil begins to simmer, gently pour the egg into the pan, taking care to pour as close to the bottom of the pan as possible so the yolks don’t break.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until the egg whites are set.
To assemble the burger:
- On a brioche bun, spread aioli on the bottom bun. Place the mushroom patty on the bottom bun and top with the fried egg. Top the egg with microgreens and any other condiments you wish. Spread beet ketchup on the top bun and eat immediately to prevent the egg yolk from setting.