Potato and Kale Enchiladas
For the filling:
- 1 pound potato, peeled, if desired, but not necessary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch kale greens, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
For the enchiladas:
- 1 jar Tomato Bliss Roasted Tomato Salsa Verde
- 8 corn tortillas
Prepare the filling:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until they are fork tender. Remove from water and let cool slightly. Place potatoes in a bowl and mash with a potato masher. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and shallots until soft. Add kale and sauté until wilted. Remove from heat and mix in with the potatoes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the enchiladas:
- In a shallow dish, pour about half the jar of Tomato Bliss Roasted Tomato Salsa Verde. Add 2 tablespoons of water to thin it out.
- Place 1 tortilla in the salsa and coat on both sides. Place on a cutting board and fill with 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of filling. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas
- Pour the rest of the jar of salsa on top of the enchiladas, cover, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese, onion, cilantro. Serve warm.