Ube Pancakes with Macerated Blueberries
- 1 lb ofubeor purple Asian sweet potatoes
- 2 cups blueberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar. divided
- 1 tsp neutral oil (canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil)
- 1 cup buttermilk, milk or plant-based milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (96 g) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Butter or oil
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly cover the sweet potatoes in oil. Roast on a baking sheet in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool. Peel the skin off the potatoes and discard the skin.*
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries with lemon juice and sugar. Set aside as you make thepancakes.
- In a bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a fork. Add in the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix with a whisk until there are no lumps and fully incorporated. You can also use a food processor to mix these ingredients.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into the. Mix with a whisk until fully incorporated.
- Preheat a pan or griddle over medium-low heat. Add in butter or oil. Spoon in batter and cook until the batter is set (4-5 minutes). Flippancakesand cook for 3 minutes longer. Serve with macerated blueberries and maple syrup.