Homemade Mac and Cheese with Asparagus
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup breadcrumb topping
- Melt butter in a saucepan and whisk in flour until smooth. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly.
- Add asparagus, cheese, and seasoning by small handfuls stirring until cheese is melted. Once cheese is melted, remove sauce pan from heat.
- Stir in cooked pasta. Place cooked pasta mixture in a baking pan and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs are lightly toasted.