Ginger Rhubarb Gin Fizz
We love this seasonal cocktail recipe that GCM follower Shruthi Jasti crafted using ingredients sourced from Green City Market, including jams from our very own Bushel & Peck's!
Learn more about Shruthi — software engineer by day and mixologist by night — and get her recipe below.
"My interest in food and cooking at first came from wanting to know where my food comes from. My interest quickly grew as I got to travel and experience different cuisines and flavor profiles. As time went by, I wanted to be able to pair wine/beer/cocktails to complement the meals I’ve learned to make throughout the years, which is how I got interested in creating craft cocktails.
"As I explored the Chicago bar scene, I got to know that the flavor profile in cocktails can have a lot of depth. I then decided to learn how to make classic cocktails to have a basic understanding of them. Once I had this knowledge, I could get creative and make new recipes with interesting flavor profiles. I also wanted to use fresh, local, quality ingredients in these cocktails in order for them to stand up to the meals I make."
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Bushel & Peck's ginger rhubarb jam
- 3 oz club soda (or more if desired)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (1 for shaking, the other for garnish)
- Pick off the leaves from one of the rosemary sprigs and muddle in a cocktail shaker to release the oil
- Add in gin, lemon juice, and jam. Shake vigorously
- Strain with Hawthorne strainer and mesh strainer into a rocks glass filled with ice
- Top off with club soda
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary