Rhubarb Ice Cream
Stephanie Izard - The Girl and the Goat
- 4 stalks rhubarb, sliced
- ¾ Cup plus ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Cup half and half
- ½ Cup egg yolks
- Place rhubarb and ½ C. sugar in saucepot and cover with water.
- Cook over low heat until most of the liquid is dissolved.
- Bring half and half to a boil.
- Combine ¾ C. sugar and yolks in a bowl.
- Temper in a small amount of cream.
- Return to heat and stir until mixture begins to thicken slightly and coats the back of the spoon.
- Combine rhubarb and ice cream base.
- Finish in ice cream maker according to instructions.