Soups & Sides
- 1 15 ½-oz can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons chickpea liquid
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Yield: 2 cups
- Drain chickpeas in a colander, reserving some of the liquid.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except olive oil and salt and pepper. Blend for 30 seconds.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until hummus appears creamy, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and blend an additional 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with flatbread, veggies, or chips.