Garlic, Ginger & Red Pepper Tofu Stir Fry
Mike Roach of @AtTheFarmersMarket
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ square inch of ginger peeled and minced
- 1 large red pepper sliced
- ½ cup water
- 3 green onions chopped into 2-inch planks (& a tablespoon diced & reserved for garnish)
- Clean-out-the-fridge FM vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, etc.) uniformly chopped
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu cut into ½-square-inch, bite-size pieces (from GMC Vendor Phoenix Bean)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt, pepper & additional soy sauce & red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- Prep all your ingredients (as the recipe goes fast).
- Heat large skillet or wok on medium-high heat to hot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add red pepper, ginger & garlic; stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water & scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in corn starch & add tofu; cook until tofu is warmed through, corn starch is dissolved & liquid begins to reduce, about 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, red pepper flakes & soy sauce cook for 2 minutes. Transfer all to a bowl.
- Wipe out & reheat pan on medium-high heat to hot. Add remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon).
- When oil shimmers, sauté onions & vegetables until tender yet crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Return peppers, ginger, garlic, tofu & liquid back to the pan. Lower heat & stir to combine.
- Sprinkle additional red pepper flakes, salt & pepper & drizzle additional soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish with the reserved green onions, serve & enjoy!