Fresh Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
Mike Roach, @AtTheFarmersMarket
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pulse cheese, oats and sweet potato in a food processor (or Vitamix).
- Add garlic, egg and salt to food processor (or Vitamix); pulse to mix (until the consistency of a dough).
- Using your hands, press the mixture down onto a parchment-paper-lined baking
- Shape until 1/3 inch thick. Pat down to ensure consistent thickness & no gaps.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. When done -- top should be dry and edges brown.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 3-5 minutes. Flip crust back onto pan so parchment paper is facing up & slowly and gently peel off the paper.
- Brush the paper-less new top with the olive oil.
- Bake for 7-10 more minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Top with farmers-market-fresh ingredients and bake until warm & cheese is melted.