Vegetable Fried Rice
Chef Lisa Kalabokis
Soups & Sides
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
● 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
● 5 cups assorted vegetables, washed and chopped (bok choy, tatsoi, carrots, chard,
scallions, celery, peas, squash)
● 5 cups cold cooked rice
● 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
● 5 eggs, lightly beaten
● 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
● Salt and pepper
1. In a large, heavy bottomed pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the crunchy vegetables
(carrots, celery, etc.) and cook for about 5 minutes until done but still a little crisp.
3. Add the leafy vegetables (bok choy, chard, scallions) and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Add the rice and toasted sesame oil, stirring to combine. When the rice is hot, add the
eggs and soy sauce, cooking until the eggs are dry. Season with salt and pepper.