Fall Squash & Apple Soup
Chef Lisa Kalabokis
Soups & Sides
- One 2- to 3-pound butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until
translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash, apples and just enough water to cover. Bring to a simmer and
cook until squash and apples are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree.
- Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Serve.