Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
GCM Chef Educator, Lisa Kalabokis
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds) cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil or neutral oil like grapeseed or avocado
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chili, like jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt / pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put sweet potatoes and onions on a large baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, turning occasionally, until potatoes begin to brown on corners and are just tender inside, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven; keep on pan until ready to mix with dressing.
- Combine chilis, garlic, lime juice and salt in pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Add warm vegetables and cilantro to bowl with dressing and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.