German Butterball Potato Salad
Chef Rob Sidor
Soups & Sides
This recipe is courtesy of Executive Chef Rob Sidor of Bohemian House for a Chef Demonstration at Green City Market on April 15, 2017
- 3 Pounds Baby Butterball Potatoes from Nichols Farm
- 1 Cup Shallots, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- To Taste Kosher Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- To Taste Champagne Vinegar
- As Needed Vegetable Oil
- To Garnish Ruby Frill Mustard Greens
- Cool the potatoes starting with cold water, bring to simmer, then season the water with salt.
- Cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a sauté pan over medium low heat, add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Sweat the shallots and garlic until fully cooked. Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix the potatoes, shallots and garlic, mustard, and sour cream together. Season to taste with kosher Salt, black pepper, and Champagne vinegar.
- Serve garnished with Mustard Frills. Serves 4-6.