Delicata Squash Marinated with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Ben Lustbader - Giant
Soups & Sides
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Thai bird chilies
- 6 garlic gloves
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 cup mint, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Thai basil, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- Delicata squash, halved, seeded, and sliced
- Add the onions to a blender and puree until they release their water.
- Begin feeding the chilies, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger, followed by the herbs.
- Use a little of the fish sauce to loosen up the puree if needed, then add sunflower seeds, sugar and all remaining fish sauce.
- Slowly stream the sunflower oil.
- Add the sesame oil, and finally the lime juice.
- Sautee the sliced Delicata squash in a small amount of vegetable oil on the stovetop. Season to taste with salt. Allow to cool.
- Toss the squash with the sauce.
- Garnish with fried pumpkin seeds and queso fresco or goat cheese, if desired.