Cheddar Cheese Quesadillas with Apple Salsa
By Dana Benigno- Chicagocooks.com, a website connecting you to culinary resources and organizations in Chicago.
This dish makes a perfect fall appetizer of light lunch.
- 2 tortillas,-whole wheat, corn, or flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large apple - a good eating apple
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp minced cilantro, parsley or mint
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, heat 2 tsp of vegetable oil. Add the onions and apples and cook for 2 three minutes until the onions become translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the jalapeno and herbs. Set aside.
- In a dry skillet, heat the tortilla. Top with some shredded cheddar cheese and a small amount of the apple salsa. Top with another tortilla and toast until crispy. Remove from the pan and let cool for 2 minutes. Slice into wedges.