Get a taste of Mick Klug Farm at Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits
"For some people," Food Insider shares, "pie really means fruit pie." The Pastry Sous Chef at Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits, Chelsea Gerdeman, shares, "Something about fruit pies I love, both making and eating: there's really no room to hide when the flavor profile is fruit."
"Buying good berries in season is half the battle. We primarily partner with Mick Klug Farm in St. Joseph, Michigan, about sixty miles away," notes owner Michael Ciapciak. "It's important primarily to support Midwestern farmers, but also because the product tastes better."
"It is really fun when you get a delivery from Klug, and they drop them off, and you pop a blackberry or a strawberry, and it's the best blackberry or strawberry you ever had — well right then and there, we have to do very little to continue on that flavor," Ciapciak remarks.
- Chicago Parent: 12 Chicagoland Farmers Markets for Families
- Monday, May 17, 2021
- Eater: Farmers Markets Are Back in Chicago After Record Sales in 2020
- Friday, May 14, 2021
- Your new favorite Saturday brunch stop: Paper Tiger Eats
- Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Chicago Star Media: Let's go back to the farmers' markets!
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- NBC: Guide to Chicago Farmers Markets This Spring, Summer
- Monday, May 10, 2021
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »