Watch: Sneak peek of A (Mostly) Veggie Affair featuring Chef Nariba Shepard on NBC 5
A (Mostly) Veggie Affair is almost here, and our chefs are already getting warmed up for the big night on Thursday, November 7 at Lakeshore Beverage! All of our featured chefs will be cooking with seasonal, local ingredients sourced from our very own Green City Market vendors.
Chef Nariba Shepard of the Heritage demoed her dish for NBC last weekend, frying up saheena to highlight her culinary roots in Tridadian cooking. According to Shepard, saheena is a "Trinidad version of a collard fritter," traditionally made with collard greens layered with split pea paste, deep fried, and served with a tamarind sauce.
- WGN Lunchbreak: Details On Bringing The Popular Green City Market Chef BBQ To You At Home
- Friday, July 10, 2020
- Celebrate Chef BBQ @ Home in style with wine pairings from Vin Chicago
- Friday, July 3, 2020
- Join us and plant a seed of change: Chef BBQ @ Home
- Thursday, July 2, 2020
- "Eat Local, Act Global": Murassa Qazi of Gai Ghee Butter
- Monday, June 29, 2020
- Block Club: Green City Market Returns to West Loop this Weekend
- Friday, June 19, 2020
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »