Watch: Sneak peek of A (Mostly) Veggie Affair featuring Chef Nariba Shepard on NBC 5
A (Mostly) Veggie Affair is almost here, and our chefs are already getting warmed up for the big night on Thursday, November 7 at Lakeshore Beverage! All of our featured chefs will be cooking with seasonal, local ingredients sourced from our very own Green City Market vendors.
Chef Nariba Shepard of the Heritage demoed her dish for NBC last weekend, frying up saheena to highlight her culinary roots in Tridadian cooking. According to Shepard, saheena is a "Trinidad version of a collard fritter," traditionally made with collard greens layered with split pea paste, deep fried, and served with a tamarind sauce.
- Watch: The Kids of Von Linne Make Empanadas!
- Friday, January 17, 2020
- "I don't think most people are aware you can do this": GCM Linking Up for Food Access
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- "Edible Education changed my lifestyle and my values": GCM Educating the Next Generation of Eaters
- Friday, December 13, 2019
- All Hail the Tomato: Tomato Bliss' Path to Market
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Find the perfect host gift (or treat yourself) at Green City Market
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »