Green City Market Delivered
To keep Chicago fed and our vibrant local food system strong, Green City Market will continue to offer GCM Delivered, our home delivery and curbside pick-up program, all fall and winter long.
Your trusty Green City Market vendors pick, pack, and deliver your products to our aggregation space on the morning of your pick-up or delivery day. Enjoy your nutritious, farm-fresh food and tag @GreenCityMarket with your dishes on social media!
How to order: Delivery
Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market Delivered."
- Delivery days: Every Wednesday between 11 am and 7 pm.
- Order window: The GCM marketplace will open for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Fridays for delivery on the following Wednesday. Ordering is open until the Monday prior at 12pm or whenwe reach capacity for home deliveries.
- Home delivery is a flat fee of $9.99.
How to order: Curbside pick-up
Under the markets section in WhatsGood, select "Green City Market - Avondale Pickup @ WMS Building."
- Pick-up window: Every Wednesday from 4 to 6 pm at 3401 N California Ave; enter the lot at Roscoe & California and follow the signs to door 7. You will receive an email from WhatsGood prior to your pick-up day to select a 30-minute time window between 4 and 6 pm to come pick up your order. Please note, if you do not pick up your order by 6:00 p.m., it will be donated.
- Order window: The GCM marketplace will open for orders on WhatsGood at 8 am on Fridays for curbside pick-up on the following Wednesday. Ordering is open until the Monday prior at 12pm or when we reach capacity for home deliveries.
- Pick-up is a flat fee of $5.99.
How to order: Home for the Holidays Gift Boxes
- Make an account with WhatsGood if you haven't already.
- Decide which day you’d like to receive or pick up your order: Wednesday, December 9, Wednesday, December 16, and Tuesday, December 21. Check out when the order windows open for your desired date:
- Order window opens at 8 am on Friday, December 4 to receive your box on Wednesday, December 9. Order window closes at noon on Monday or when we reach capacity.
- Order window opens at 8 am on Friday, December 11 to receive your box on Wednesday, December 16. Order window closes at noon on Monday or when we reach capacity.
- Order window opens at 8 am on Thursday, December 17 to receive your box on Tuesday, December 22. Order window closes at noon on Sunday or when we reach capacity.
- Decide whether you want home delivery (available anywhere in Chicago) or curbside pick-up (available at the GCM office at 3401 N California Ave).
- For home delivery, you’ll search WhatsGood for “Green City Market Delivered” in WhatsGood.
- For curbside pick-up, you’ll search WhatsGood for “Green City Market - Avondale Pickup @ WMS Building.”
- Select your desired market, navigate to the “gifts” tab, and get shopping!
Do you deliver to me?
- The delivery radius of our Green City Market Delivered program extends to the North and West city limits and South to Roosevelt + 16th Street. As we continue to grow, we will look to extend our delivery radius to reach as many Chicagoland Green City Market shoppers as possible!
If you reside outside of this radius, we encourage you to check with our farmers at greencitymarket.org/gcmgoesvirtual to see if an individual farmer can deliver directly to you.
How will I know what time of day my delivery order will arrive?
- You may indicate your preferred delivery window in the app when you place your order. If you provide your cell phone number, you can also receive text updates from your driver alerting you of when your delivery is en route and has arrived at your home. You'll receive a text when your driver is getting close and when your delivery has arrived.
Do I have to be home at the time of the delivery?
- Nope! If you happen to be on your fifth walk around the block with the dog and not home at the time of the delivery, your driver will leave your package at the drop-off point you indicated in the app, and you'll receive a text alerting you of your delivery's arrival.
- If you know you won't be home at the time of delivery, you can leave out a cooler so your delivery driver can safely leave
Can I pre-order with my Link/EBT card?
- Yes! You can pay with Link and participate in GCM's Link double value program with our curbside pick-up program. Learn more.
- Please note, this option is not available for home delivery at this time.
How we're keeping you and your orders safe
- All deliveries will be contactless. Please respect our delivery drivers' space and stay six feet away (you can wave or say thank you from the window, though!)
- As much as we love reusable bags and containers, we will be using single-use packaging for sanitary reasons. All containers will be recyclable, and deliveries will be packaged in cardboard boxes. Unfortunately, once packed we cannot take back the cardboard boxes.
- All equipment and surfaces involved in the aggregation space and in the delivery itself will be routinely disinfected — we're talking hand trucks, tables, counters, freezers, coolers, printers, door handles, car door handles — everything will be meticulously disinfected for your safety and the safety of our team.
- All team members and delivery drivers will be wearing gloves, changed regularly throughout the day.
- Your food will be handled by a limited number of individuals — farm-fresh food touches so many fewer hands than food purchased at the grocery store, so you can feel great about re-stocking your pantry and fridge directly from our local farmers.
- There will be no cash handling under any circumstances. Orders will be pre-paid for via credit card on the app.
Any more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!