Farmers » Bennison's Bakery
baked goods, breads, pastries
- Indoor and outdoor markets
Bennison’s opened in Evanston in 1938. Today it is owned by the Downer family, represented by three generations: Guy, Jory and Guy II. Jory and Efrain Tirado supervise the baking. Both Jory (pictured, left) and Efrain (right) are Certified Master Bakers. Bennison’s is one of the few bakeries in the country to employ two bakers with that distinction. Croissants, scones, baguettes, and artisanal breads produced by hand with organic ingredients are found under the Bennison tent, along with breakfast pastries topped with Market fruits. On Wednesdays, Bennison’s brings a baker to the Market to answer shoppers’ questions.
How to order
Given a days notice, everything is available!
- Call 847-328-9434
- Credit card accepted over the phone
- Curbside drop off available or pick up at 1000 Davis St.
Friends of Farmers
Your Name Here
Honor Your Favorite GCM Vendor
Become A Friends of Farmer Member Today!
Green City Market's Friends of Farmers program recognizes generous supporters who advance our mission through gifts of $250, $500, $1,000, or more. The generous contributions made by our Friends of Farmers members provide Green City Market with essential funds needed to fulfill our mission and programs while offering you the opportunity to honor your favorite GCM farmer.
We recognize Friends of Farmers members at the following levels:
- $250 Sprout Level: Honor a farmer with a $250 gift and your name will be featured on your favorite farmer's online vendor page.
- $500 Seedling Level: Honor a farmer with a $500 gift and your name will be featured on your favorite farmer's online vendor page and you can include a special dedication.
- $1,000 Cultivator Level: Choose to honor a farmer with a $1,000 gift and your name will be featured on your favorite farmer's online vendor page with your special dedication and GCM will print a special sign for your favorite farmer's vendor tent.