Pi Day (3.14) Baking Competition
Saturday, March 14, 2020, 10:30am–12:00pm
Celebrate Pi Day (3.14) at Green City Market!
Chicago community members are invited to submit one (1) homemade pie into a pie baking competition to be judged by guests Paula Haney from Hoosier Mama Pie, Michael Ciapciak from Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits, Melissa Flynn from Green City Market, and Rene Gelder from Ellis Family Farms. This Pi Day Baking Competition will take place at Green City Market's Indoor Market at Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum on Saturday, March 14, 2020 from 10:30am-12:00pm.
Three awards will be given: Best Overall Pie, Most GCM Farmers/Vendors Used, and Prettiest Pie. Winning recipes will be listed on Green City Market's website and featured in Green City Market's newsletter. All winners will win one of the following prizes: one pair of general admission tickets to GCM's Chef BBQ or one ticket to a Hoosier Mama Pie Class and Cookbook.
A one-time $20 registration fee is required to submit your pie. Proceeds from event registration will go towards supporting Green City Market, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization paving a new path for the local food economy in the midwest by deepening our support for small family farmers, educating consumers and the next generation of eaters, and increasing access to local, healthy, sustainable food.
Rules and Regulations:
- Provide a descriptive name for your pie.
- At least two of your ingredients in your pie must use Green City Market farmers and vendors.
- All submissions must submit an ingredients list at the time of the competition. Quantities are not needed. Please make sure to distinguish the GCM farm or vendor where you sourced your ingredient from.
- Pies will be judged by quality of the crust, general appearance, taste, creativity, and technical execution by each judge.
- A one-time $20 registration fee is required to submit your pie. Once you fill out this form, the next page will take you to an Eventbrite ticketing link to pay your fee.